Weekend mid-afternoon reflections from Jose M. Ramos after completing his dissertation Alternative Futures of Globalisation: A Socio-ecological Study of the World Social Forum Process (2010):
1. You will probably over-write material substantially compared with the final document.
2. It can take time for ideas in a dissertation to emerge.
3. Life experiences such as during action research and case studies can be amongst the most important and integrative.
4. Send out your draft chapters to a network of colleagues and co-journeyers for constructive feedback and comments.
5. It’s OK to feel exhausted when the dissertation is over.